Job Title: Bistro Cook
Reports to: Manager
Date: March 31, 2016
Bistro cook position is responsible for setting up kitchen, preparing and cooking delicious food for shift, maintaining a clean work area, following all company food recipes, and general housekeeping in adherence to all company policies and standards of behavior.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cook items in kitchen in a timely manner, adhering to food safety and health codes
- Answer questions about our food, beverages, local sources and other restaurant services
- Work using proper safety equipment at all times
- Perform opening & closing duties throughout your shift as required
- Maintain a clean and organized work and service area at all times, adhering to all food safety and health codes
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the beverage, food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests and deliver excellent customer service
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Bistro as directed by the manager
- Be flexible to work both AM and PM shifts
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Work quickly & efficiently and take direction
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to servers
- Preparing ingredients beforehand, like cleaning and chopping the vegetables
- Coordinate with other kitchen staff
- Monitor the stock of the kitchen and inform the manager as the stocks run out
- Cleaning all the kitchen equipment before and after use
- Responsible for generating sales and cross selling all products and services within The Bodacious Family of Shops
- Adhere to dress code, standards of behavior, and all company policies, procedures and practices
- May work special events and assist in all other departments; as needed with approval of supervisor(s)
- Communicate customer requests to management
- Performs all other duties as requested or directed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintain professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with all guest services
- Required to stand, walk, and lift items (up to 25 lbs.) on a regular basis
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Be able to work weekends, holidays, and special events unless approved by manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships with customers
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and one to three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full or part-time position. Days and hours will vary to include evening and weekend work according to business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The key physical requirements of this position includes the ability to walk and stand for an extended period of time, lift up to 25 pounds, and the use of standard kitchen equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.