Tomorrow marks December 1st – which means you might be in one of these categories:
- Wanting to eat Healthy but out of time between Christmas Shopping, Holiday events and End of the Year deadlines
- Dreaming of eating more greens and veggies, but watching your bottom line as you save for that special gift for someone
- Given up all hope and surviving on Gingerbread cookies
No matter which category you’ve fallen in, our experts from So Chopped Salad Bar are here to help!
For those of you in Category #1 – Did you know you can pick up a large salad from So Chopped, place the dressing on the side and have lunch at work for the next two or three days? As long as your co-workers don’t mind you taking up extra room in the fridge, in which case, you may need to split with a coworker and have him or her pick up the next round.
Our favorite healthy combinations include:
- Southwest – add avocado and extra black beans for added protein
- Cobb – just like it comes, or add your own personal favorites!
- Grilled Veggie Wrap – for those days when you need a little bit of carb in your life
For Category #2- Prepping your own salad at home is as easy as 1,2,3.. 4 and 5:
- Make sure you’re stocked up on Olive Oil – we recommend treating yourself to your favorite olive oil at Bodacious to encourage healthy eating this month. A simple small bottle should provide you enough to pack along side your daily portion of green goods. Lemon is a nice choice for freshness, or you could go tangy and opt for a Balsamic.
- Choose your base: Grab your spinach, kale, or romaine – the darker the green, the more the nutrient!
- Pick your fruits and veggies. We say opt for three to five tasty ingredients. Most recently, we paired blueberries, green peppers, tomatoes and for an added bonus – flax seed for extra bonus points.
- Choose your protein: Meat, Black beans, or you could pick a delightful cheese like Feta.
- Once you have all of your ingredients out, grab three to five small Tupperware containers and layer beginning with your greens, then vegetables and protein. If you have a small Tupperware for your olive oil – that’s great, or you can just keep it at your desk, or an easy to grab location in your kitchen, for when lunch time hits.
Lastly, Category #3- We hear you, but listen to your grandma and eat your vegetables. We promise you will have more energy for all that December asks of you when you fuel your body with fruits, vegetables and your favorite salads.
Happy Holidays – See you at the Salad Bar!